Friday, January 20, 2012

Cease Your Expectations

My ending
wasn't so bad.

A violent,
yet peaceful closure
for a cursed,
yet wonderful life.

The afterlife
is another story.

There's no happiness,
no sadness,
no laughter,
no anger,
no love,
no life,
nothing.

I'm just
a wandering soul,
drifting through
continuing lives,
watching
and waiting for an
eternal slumber
that might not ever come.

They
were all wrong.

I have long since
doubted
the presence of heaven,
of hell,
anywhere I can be held
as a prisoner
for an eternity.

Now
it's my reality.

Perhaps,
I'm contiuously searching
for a new life,
a new way back
to the living.

Perhaps,
I'll never make it.

My soul
will continue to drift
and search
until I meet the begginning
because
there is no end,
no eternal slumber,
and for all those years
I believed there was,
I wasted.

I should have lived in the moment,
instead of constantly worrying
about my future.

I should have,
I should have,
I should have...
forever
ceased my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment