Monday, August 13, 2012

Always Listen to Your Mother


The box
stood before me.

Small and uninviting.

It was the only one
in the world.

It housed
thousands of zombies,
minature ones,
no taller than cats.

They even reproduced.

Outside,
it stood,
in my backyard,
at night and throughout the day
I could hear the sounds
of their repulsive
love making.

They never stopped fucking.

Thousands more
were born each day.

The box
was breaking,
cracks began to form,
hungry eyes began to show.

So,
we had to
expand
the box.

My mother demanded
I
do it.

No bother,
it was my reality,
I accepted it,
just like any child
accepts their parents
and their demands,
and therefore I accepted
the box
and my duty
without question.

I would tend to the zombies,
as I built their newly expanded home,
I'd feed them
pig brains
or whatever else was available,
anything to stop
their hunger,
their pain.

Over the next couple days,
their new home was coming together,
the other
being chewed away.

On the last day,
I was finished,
relief set in
briefly.

Until,
a piece of flesh
was torn off my leg,
I felt nothing but pain
and teeth.

They were out.

I tried to escape,
but as soon as I tried the door,
it was locked.

Mother was outside.

I was trapped.

"Let them
destroy you baby,
before the world destroys
you.
It's much easier this way,
trust me."

These were
the last words
I ever heard.

The zombies
came at me,
devouring my feet,
my hands, my stomach,
my brain.

I watched them eat away.

I did not put up
a fight.

I knew I was the sacrifice.

They could only eat pig brains for so long,
and I had to stop
their hunger,
their pain.

Hell,
we all have to die
sometime,
I didn't mind,
and mother always knows best,
she knows me too well.

I always wanted to be the hero.

This was the only chance
to die
with a smile on my face.

Thank you mother,
I don't know how I would have died
without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment