Friday, November 30, 2012

The Savior

How many lives
have you saved?

I have saved
none.

I have no purpose.

But,
it is my idol,
my grandpa,
who gives me hope.

I hope to one day
follow in his
almighty footsteps.

He always has
and never ceases
to amaze me.

He doesn't brag either.

He doesn't need attention.

He is a real man.

He has saved.

I only know of one.

A boy,
a slow,
perhaps autistic child,
fell
into the disgusting lake
of our hometown.

He was drowning.

Everyone
stood by
and watched
as if he
were a duck.

Not my grandpa.

He didn't hesitate
to jump into the filth
and rescue him.

He saved that poor boy,
when no one else
would.

Those cowards
should all be
so ashamed of themselves.

They didn't even bother
to help them out
of the water.

They turned their heads,
never to look back
on what
they could have done.

The boy, however,
was never more grateful.

My grandpa
just walked away
as if it was
nothing.

Just another day at the park.

Today,
they still write.

The boy,
though handicapped,
is going to be
an engineer.

A fucking engineer!

He took full advantage
of being able
to breathe again.

Those others
that stood by
are now either dead
or eating their own feces.

Now tell me,
who has the disorder?

The boy,
now fully grown,
deserves the best.

He might one day
save your life
with a machine he designed
through electrical engineering.

If you are ever
walking in the park
and you happen to see him,
Thank my idol,
my grandpa,
the savior.

He might not even hear you.

No comments:

Post a Comment