Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Desperation

The toilet flushed,
She stepped out
And headed straight
Towards the kitchen.

Out of the corner
Of all our eyes,
We watched
As she pulled out a knife
And dug its sharpness
Deep
Into her skin.

My aunt
With a newborn baby,
Got to her first.
I jumped next,
Desperately trying to save
Her life.
We wrestled the knife
Away.

The baby yelling,
Exposed
To hell for the first time
In her cursed life.

The family stood in shock.

Blood dripped
On me
As I held her.
“I don’t
Want to
Live
Anymore…”
Was all she could say.

My eyes went blind,
My ears went deaf,
My body went numb,
Her blood still dripped.

She was gone,
Her mind
A cave of madness and misery.
Her suffering
Eternal.

There was no help.
Anywhere.

She needed more than pills
Or doctors,
She needed more,
But what?

And as she got sent
To the madhouse
Again,
A helpless wave of frustration
Possessed me.

What can
I do?
What can
We do?

We are all
Asking
For a miracle.

For the first time
In my life,
I prayed for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment