Monday, November 14, 2011

A Small Favor

My grandpa told me
About him.

Mike
Was his name.
He was my grandma’s brother,
He died young, Buzzed,
Outside of a bar,
Face, hands, and stomach
Smashed into the streets.

My grandpa and Mike
And the rest of the brothers
Would drink and drink
And talk shit,
Especially about the newest addition to the family.

Mike would say,
“I don’t care
What you guys say,
Rudy is alright with me
And I like him.”

He really appreciated
Someone standing up for him
And that Is the only thing
I know about Mike.

It makes me wonder
What will be
My only memory…

Me
Puking in my hands
And wiping it off on my pants
Like it’s rain? Me
Talking about
Weird, sexual fantasies
Involving chopping off tits
And using them As dildoes?
Maybe,
Just maybe
It will be
The dreams I tell.

I have no say
In the matter.

My only memory is yours,
May you keep it alive.
It’s the only favor I can ask of
You.

No comments:

Post a Comment