Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Ghost Stalker

I see her face
in every part of the house.

She's stalking me
like a prowling ghost.

And just like the dead,
she's no longer
here
in the flesh.

There's no more calls,
emails,
or texts.

She's finally
rid of me.

Is this what
I wanted?

Could there have been
another way?

I guess I could have stayed
and continued
our twisted love.

I guess sometimes
things just
don't work out.

She likes fantasy.

We both did,
except our dreams
clashed.

I can't believe in
true love.

That's all she thinks about.

There were times when
I did feel
it.

Then, there were times when
there was only
pain.

Nothing else.

I couldn't stand to hurt
her
anymore.

I couldn't stand
how much
she believed in
true love.

Especially, when
it wasn't
there.

I admit,
I was selfish
and like a fool
will remain so.

I deserve to be alone
forever
with her ghost
forever
stalking me.

No comments:

Post a Comment