Sunday, April 22, 2012

I Miss You Buddy

I woke up
in some random
car.

It was filthy.
Paper and trash
everywhere.

I decided to clean up.

After a couple of minutes,
My friend, Burnside,
arrives
with some of his friends.

They were in shock
to find me doing some
spring cleaning,
watching as their trash
and personal belongings
fly out the window.

"Ray,"
Burnside yelled,
"What the fuck are you doing?"

I didn't answer.
Instead,
I stumbled out
and gave them all
a hug.

"Let's go!"

Not sure where it came from,
but we got in the cab
and they
pushed me up front.

Of course,
I threw up.

Nobody knew it
at the time,
but when we got out,
they could see streaks
of vomit
on my shirt
and pants.

I laughed.

They looked at me
with disgust.

When we got back
to the house,
I changed
and they offered me
some lines.

I accepted
and immediately felt
a bolt of lightning
charging through my veins.

I was ready to party.

"What's wrong with you?"
They asked.

I didn't respond,
just sniffed away.

That's when everyone
left
including my good friend.

That's the last time
I saw him.

It might be
the last time
I ever see him
again.

I don't mind,
we had our run
and man,
we sure did go out
on top,
or at least
I did.

Either way,
I miss you buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment