Friday, May 24, 2013

It's Time For a Change

I went outside
to get a drink.

I saw my uncle, Mike,
sitting there,
staring at me.

He was smiling
like I've never seen him
before,
as if
he didn't have
a care
in this world.

He didn't.

Because in my dream,
he was a ghost.

It didn't make any sense.

I was completely shocked.

I couldn't take my eyes off him.

He laughed
and gave me a hug.

Our souls connected.

For, what I felt,
was the first time.

I could feel his energy,
his entire being
warming up
my sad soul,
telling me,
everything's gonna be alright.

I believed him.

Never
have I ever
felt such a joy,
such a wonder,
such comfort,
from a simple
touch.

It was just a hug.

We don't do this,
now.

It makes me wonder,

why?

This is our life.

This is our time.

We need to connect

NOW.

Not in some dream,
or at a funeral.

RIGHT NOW.

We can and
we will.

I will make it
MY
responsibility
to make sure
this happens,
to make sure
ALL
of those around me
feel loved.

We owe ourselves this much.

Not much will come
from the way
we've been acting
so far.

It's time
for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment