Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Laughing Hair

My great grandpa
never
smiled much.

He was burdened.

He knew adversity.

That would give these
new kids
nightmares
till their own mind
destroyed
their own body.

He
lived on.

Expressionless.

Doesn't mean
he didn't know how
to make others
smile,
even after he's been dead
for 10 years.

He made me laugh
today.

My grandpa
was giving me a haircut
and he told me
when his father
would cut his hair.

He'd ask him
how he wanted it,
long or short?

And my grandpa would tell him.

He'd cut it
his own way.

Took his time too.

Made sure it was nice and short
when my grandpa wanted
the exact opposite.

We both laughed.

A good memory
passed on
from one generation
to the next.

Now, it's my turn
to fuck
with someone.

Except,
I'll laugh
with them
while I'm
alive
and blowing their beautiful hair
off of their shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment