Thursday, August 6, 2015

The Most Beautiful Creature on Earth

I love animals,
especially my pets,
both past and present.

They have been
through it ALL
with me.

From the worst
of times,
to the best.

One such memory
snuck up on me
today.

My mother
came home one day
after work
and decided
to get it
over with.

She selected
the perfect knife
and the perfect spot.

Right
on the kitchen floor,
she began
to slice.

Cut by cut,
she tried
to end
her life.

Curious
as to what
she was doing,
our dogs
began
to surround her.

Jet, our lab,
began licking
her face,
giving her love
at the lowest
moment
of her life.

He didn't judge,
nor did he try
and stop her.

He just
licked.

Eventually,
she gave up
and with slober
on her face,
she called
her sister
for help.

She was saved,

By our dog.

The most beautiful
creature
on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment