Sunday, November 29, 2009

Another Fucking Miserable Poem

A Thought Not to Forget

My father's dead,
his head was smashed in by a 4,000 pound beast.
My brother's dead,
his necked was snapped in the backseat of a speed freak's car.
My friends are dead,
they're being carried away
by the idle hands of the reaper
to be burned in their caskets,
one by one,
right before my very eyes.

My mother is dying,
her gigantic heart is withering away,
her once strong mind is now decaying,
her entire soul is falling to pieces,
right before my very eyes.

There is absolutely nothing I can do,
but I am not looking for sympathy,
I am not searching for
heaven. Hell,
I do not even want a better life.

What I do want
is for all my dying friends and family to know
that
heaven is right here
with me,
with you,
right before our very eyes,
hell is also here
with us,
reflecting flames in our eyes, but
as we crawl on our battered flesh and broken bones
toward our final resting place,
six feet below
our lives and our dreams,
I can safely say
I am happy,
always have been happy
and more than grateful
I got to spend
as much time as I could
with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment