Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Top Ten Albums of 2009

10) Animal Collective: "Merriweather Post Pavilion" This album is futuristic, trippy, and catchy as all hell. At first, I was skeptical, but soon realized I was playing the fool again. The vibes coming out of this album are hypnotizing. They put you in trance with soulful sounds and a Beach Boys like harmony. No wonder why so many of friends cannot get enough of this magical band. Take shrooms and ecstasy and listen.
9) 3 Inches of Blood: "Here Waits Thy Doom" When I first heard this album, I was in a state of complete drunkenness and that is a great feeling when it comes to listening to metal. I was shaking my fist and screaming along with the lead singer, Cam Pipes. Holy fuck he does have some amazing pipes. He sounds a lot what I would imagine Rob Halford would sound like after he got kicked in his dongles and got extremely fucking pissed. They have an epic sound that is unmatched, but at the same time the album sounds like it is coming straight from a London dungeon. Worship these Canadian bastards.
8) Immortal: "All Shall Fall" Another fucking epic black metal album by one of the greatest black metal bands to ever chop off the heads of nuns and priests alike. It's about goddamn time, too, because these fucks haven't blessed us with an album for over seven fucking years. And the atmosphere on this album, although a bit toned down from "At the Heart of Winter," they create with the guitars alone is unmatched and it leaves me hanging by a noose in an icey funeral home. This shit is catchy and that is damn near an impossible achievement for most black metal bands. One last thing, I love you Immortal. Don't ever keep me waiting that long again.
7)Skeletonwitch: "Breathing the Fire" I reviewed this album on one of my earlier posts, so fucking read it and get your mammy rammer on to the next album.
6) Royce Da 5'9: "Street Hop" Reviewed this fucking album too, so read it or you can as Royce put it "swallow everything that's coming through this dick."
5) ABSU: "ABSU" Holy shit! This is hands down the best black/thrash metal band the US has to offer. I cannot say enough about this band or this album. This is some of the fastest drumming I have ever heard in my life and some of the weirdest shit ever compiled on a album by a metal band. Can somebody tell me what the hell "Nunsbarshegunu" means? Anyways by the far the best song to break your neck to on their first c.d. in over eight years is "those of the void will re-enter." That is pure fucking metal that no one else in this country has the balls to stand up to.
4)Raekwon: "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Pt. II" The Wu tang is back. Raekwon made another classic. This album is five mics, no doubt. Every song has the dopest beats and rhymes ever compiled on wax. If the Chef doesn't make another album, it won't matter because he is a legend with a perfect record. This is the hip hop album of the year. There is no question about that. Of course, it helps when you have RZA and Dr. Dre behind the scenes making me jizz in my pants with each and every listen.
3) Them Crooked Vultures: "Them Crooked Vultures" They have the song of the year for me, "Bandoliers." I can listen to this song over and over and over again. Besides that, it's part Queens of the Stone Age, part Dave Grohl, part Led Zepplin, nuff said.
2) Devildriver: "Pray for Villains" I listened to this album more than any other album to come out this year. I had to, plus how can you go wrong when you are worshiper of villains yourself. This album is groovy, catchy, and addicting. They incorporate all the sub genres of metal and make it work. Devildriver is just getting better and better and I am becoming more and more of a fan. How can I not? Listen to "I've Been Sober," or "Waiting for November," or "any fucking song on the album" and tell me I'm wrong.
1) Alice in Chains: "Black Gives Way to Blue" Alice is back with a black singer and, thankfully, as depressing as ever. It's a fucking pity that Layne Staley died, but they moved on and even did a tribute song to him with non other than Elton John. This guys can do no wrong. If it's acoustic, then it's beautiful in every sense of the word and makes you want to cry and if it's loud, then you'll want to rip your hair out and bang your head against the walls until they are covered with blood. I cannot get enough of Alice in Chains. They are timeless. They are classic. Everyone should be listening to the best rock band to come out of the 90s until everyone finally sinks into their grave.

No comments:

Post a Comment