Wednesday, December 23, 2009

An Unusual Proposal

The moon was above,
white fire burning in the midnight sky
and I was down,
beneath the flames,
walking and thinking,
thinking way too much for comfort.

I had an endless list of tragedies,
they circled and circled,
I was their prey.
They stalked my every step,
they controlled my every thought.

Lost,
I eventually gave up
and soon there was nothing,
just the white fire
lighting my way home.

A leaf blew past me on the ground,
or what I thought resembled a leaf.
I walked over to it.
The leaf talked to me, "Hello there,"
it said.

Traumatized,
I could not believe my eyes.
The time had finally come,
I had truly lost my mind,
I was trapped, suffocating in a body bag of hallucinations,
there was no other explanation.
Why did I ever think it was a leaf?
The leaf was never a leaf,
all along I knew it was the severed head of a woman.

Putting a stop to my confusion,
She turned to me and smiled.

She was mesmerizing,
her eyes were overflowing with love,
her hair, as dark as the bottom of the ocean,

Danced in the wind,
her face was that of a goddess with a bloodless complexion.

I was overwhelmed,
concrete poured into my mouth.
For some sick, twisted reason
I was infatuated by the vulgar,
yet heavenly face.

"Hello there," she spoke again softly,
"My name is Jayne. What is your name brown sugar?"
"I'm not sure," I mumbled,
"I'm not sure of much of anything right now."
I closed my eyes.
I thought I must be dreaming,
none of this seemed real.

I opened my eyes again,
only to discover
she was using her teeth to crawl on the ground,
and with each bite
I could hear them grind on the pavement.

She stopped her hideous walk,
"I'm invisible," she said.
I responded with curiosity, "Really?"
She continued,
"Can you see me?"
"Unfortunately, yes."
"How about later tonight? In your pants?"

What kind of a disgusting fantasy was this?
What kind of nightmare would come to me like this?
I was absolutely deranged.
There was no hope for me,
there never was.

Her advances weren't over,
"Well, how about a drink for starters?"
I had been craving one all day,
so I gave in,
"What the hell?" I said, "I have nothing to lose."

I picked up Jayne's decapitated head.
We were on our way,
beneath the flames,
two lovers
throwing caution to the wind.
"By the way," I asked,
"Do you piss out of your neck?"

No comments:

Post a Comment