Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Let Go of the Wheel

Cars,
I should have never
stepped foot
in a
single
one.

Too much
bad luck
has taken the wheel
for me.

The stupidest accident
I've been involved in,
is too embarrassing
to admit.

But I will.

Pringles,
the heavenly snack,
were on the floor.

I could have asked
any
of the two
in the car.

But I didn't.

I reached for them
myself.

I am stubborn.

No one
can do anything
for me.

Not even get me
a can of chips.

Big mistake.

As I am reaching down,
bad luck
takes the wheel
and steers us toward
the shoulder.

Next to a tree.

Right as I look up,
we hit it.

The impact was
shocking.

Holy fuck!
was all I could say.

I managed to drive on
with the fender holding on
for dear life
and smoke
billowing out the hood.

We pulled over
at my friend's house
to assess the damage.

The front end of the car
looked worse than
what my face was going to look like
after I told my mother
what I did
to HER
car.

I made it home
and reluctantly went it.

She should have beat me
with the fender.

She didn't.

She was furious,
but forgiving.

I escaped the noose.

The van was now
mine.

My mother got a new one.

All was well.

That is until
I crashed the van
again.

Then,
I crashed the next car
I owned.

Tickets, arrests, dui's,
bad luck, bad luck.

I should have never drove.

Ever.

Yet today,
I am going to get
in the truck
and head off
on the road again.

Bad luck
stay away.

No comments:

Post a Comment