Thursday, October 11, 2012

Shit Out Basketballs

Basketball was my life.

It's not anymore.

On occasion
I'll pick up a ball
or watch a game,
but this is nothing
compared to the obsession
I grew up with.

I didn't give a fuck
about women,
school,
books,
or being popular.

All I ever gave a shit about
was basketball.

Day,
night,
sleep,
wake up,
shit out
basketballs.

I'd be out there
in 100 degree weather,
completely dehydrated,
bouncing the ball
up and down the court
like a fool.

I'd be out there
in the rain,
completely soaked,
working on drills
up and down the court
like a idiot.

In the end,
I got injured
and after high school,
everything changed,
my love for the game
vanished.

I started
chasing after women
and working.

I got money,
I got pussy,
but I never got the same
satisfaction
as I would
when I hit the game winning shot.

I will probably
never get that high
again.

Seems all's
such a waste of time.

Except for
shitting out
basketballs,
of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment