Friday, April 19, 2013

Thinking Positive

What do
the homeless do
when they have
cancer?

I honest
don't know.

Do they just
die?

What about
the poor,
the struggling,
those with
2 jobs
and bills
piled high
above their crumbling roofs?

They lose their hair
even without chemo.

What's next?

Their precious sanity?

How the hell
do they keep
it
anyways?

There's a lady
I work with,
have been
for the past 3 years.

We've grown close.

I'd consider her
my good friend,
someone I care for
and love
and now,
she has a rare form
of tit cancer.

She's had it for 5 years!

She's never had enough
time,
between 2 jobs and
2 kids,
to go to the doctor
to get examined.

Now it's here.

Along with her
diabetes,
heart condition,
worsening knees,
and wounded soul.

Did I mention,
she's just become a
new grandmother?

At the rate
she's going,
she won't live long.

She won't see him grow up.

I will make it
my personal responsibility
to make sure
he knows
about his grandma.

About how hilarious
she is,
about how wonderful
she is,
about how she never
took any shit
from anybody,
about how much
she will be missed
if she loses this fight.

She won't.

She loves him too much.

She's a tough fucker.

I won't have to
tell her grandson
anything.

She will do it
herself.

Mark my words.

I know it.

I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment