Monday, August 19, 2013

Embrace the Mystery

I should have worked less.

I wish I could have spent more time with my family.

I regret not making up with her.

I wish I never took him for granted.

Why am I so alone?

I could have done more with my time.

I spent too much of my life in front of the tv.

I would have done something significant if I wasn't constantly on my computer.

I could have had a meaningful conversation with a stranger, if I wasn't so consumed with texting.

Should a, would a, could a,
all the same
last thoughts
of dead fools.

None of these thoughts will enter
my mind
when the lights
go out.

If I die young,
if I die old,
if I die violently,
it's the only way
I was meant
to go out.

That's perfectly fine with me.

There's absolutely nothing
we can do about it.

Stop trying,
quit complaining,
forget your regrets,
spit on your sorrows,
embrace the mystery
hidden inside
each and every moment.

Now.

3 comments:

  1. Love this. Very powerful -Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you oh so very much for the encouragement and support :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you oh so very much for the encouragement and support :)

    ReplyDelete