Sunday, November 6, 2016

Good Poetry

Poetry does not interest me. Although, I do write it. However, when I go and read someone else's, I find nothing. It's a shame with such beautiful language at our disposal, we have such monstrous piles of horseshit to shift through. Every once in a blue cock, I do find something that intrigues me. Reagan Butcher is one of these motherfuckers. His book, Stone Hotel, is about the time he spent in prison and it fucking amazes me and inspires me. Not to go to prison, but that you can turn such an awful and horrendous dose of life and still manage to make a lush garden out of it. This is the first poem:

Wild-Eyed Pistol Waver

showing the
gun

to the korean
man

behind the counter

my voice smooth as syrup
saying

the money

his blank face

screwed into puzzlement

his voice a question

the money?

i got pissed

yeah, the money, motherfucker
or i’ll kill you

but that was a lie

there was
only one person

in that room i wanted
to kill

and he
is sitting right here

telling you
this

Get this book here:Stone Hotel: Poems From Prison, now you fools. Unless, you really enjoy reading that boring ass shit. Your decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment