Monday, November 7, 2016

The New Soul

I've always been a sucker for classic soul. Something about it just resonates me. It makes me smile. It makes me high. But there's only so much soul out there. I don't want to say that I've heard it all, but it's pretty damn close. Today, some try and capture that same style and classiness and live musicianship, to no avail. Of course, there's Leon Bridges, Maxwell, Anderson Paak, and so on. I just don't think they have the same appeal as BJ the Chicago Kid has. He's got style. He's got the voice. He's got the band. He's new. He's fresh. At the same time, he's also paying tribute to all of those that have paved the way before him. He also brings in a lil hip hop flavor to the mix. Like in his song "the New Cupid". Check it out below. He just might capture your ever fading heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment