Sunday, October 11, 2009

Breaking The Hymen of The Room of Dreams

What the hell can you expect from me? I will be all over the map on this blog. Anything and anybody will be hunting down and killed by my words. Well, not everything. There will be many things that I will find enjoyable. It could be a recent concert I have just been to or a book I have just blazed through or a movie that made me jump out of my beer soaked car at the drive-in or maybe even something strange I came across while out on a drunken rampage. I will also be posting my creative writing. Speaking of which, here is a poem for all you rat lovers out there, lost in the worldwide labyrinth:

The Black Rat's Omen

"Have you ever talked to the dead?"
Asked the rodent
as it emerged from the house of
God.

Step by step,
creeping
he came to me
collapsing by my side.

He looked into my soul.

His eyes were pools of black
filled with emptiness,
his black hair covered his dwarf sized body
that rotted in the darkness,
his long tail faded
into the shadows.

My tongue departed.
Absent,
words became unkown,
my ears began to bleed.
Whispering, he went on with his nonsense,
"You know me. I have recently perished.
I was face down, my head flattened, weeping blood,
soaking the gravel below."

Through the mist,
instantly,
I recognized his voice.
It was the voice of my father,
his deceased cry, speaking to me
beyond the grave.

"Death is in search of you.
Say goodbye to all that you love."

Motionless,
my feet buried in ice,
the sign of the cross shinning above,
the rat turned away, limped back
into that dark house
of God,
as I surrounded myself in the pleasure of my own thoughts,
welcoming my tragedy with
two open arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment