Monday, October 12, 2009

Upcoming Reviews

There are many, many sinful books, concerts, and movies I will be reviewing during this upcoming dreadful week. Although I am busy as all hell with this unemployment thing. Who knew a graduate with a degree in creative writing would such have a hard time finding a job? I guess it's good that I use my time wisely and don't just sit around the house or local speakeasy drinking myself into a big black hole filled with Ol' Number Seven and cheap, imitation cola. Not a bad way to go out, but I like to do other activities despite my addiction to the destroyer of senses. Where am I going with this? Oh yes, reviews. I am currently finishing a book called Ablutions. So far this downward spiral of a tale makes my life seem pretty tame and uneventful. I guess that is why I am attending a couple of concerts this week at Downtown Brew in San Luis Obispo. Both of which I will be writing reviews for. One is an incredible show that features one of my favorite metal bands, The Black Dahlia Murder(Listen to them on my player) and opening for this blasphemous band is Skeletonwitch(also on my player). The other is no other than The Devil Makes Three(also on there). These three drunks sure do know how to rock a party and I cannot wait to sing along to their punk influenced country. Come out and join my alcoholic friends and me if you live anywhere near the Central Coast of California. In the meantime, here is another depressing poem for you to read to your kids before they venture off into their playground of nightmares:

The Uselessness

You feel
your hands
glide across
these same predictable
empty pages,
you see
your hands
scribbling
these same predictable
words
on empty pages,
as if
they meant something.

They mean nothing,
nothing at all
and
they make you feel nothing,
nothing at all,
but
you can never stop
no matter
how hard you try
and the uselessness
becomes
your life,
your way,
your
end.

No comments:

Post a Comment