Monday, February 4, 2013

Answer Me

Were we meant to suffer?

Everyday,
I'm concerned
about
whether or not
I can buy lunch.

My usual response is,
I should just starve,
I shouldn't be wasting
my money
on food.

I have too many bills to pay.

I feel like I'm grinding my teeth
to the gums.

I feel like stealing money.

I feel like this is not
the way
we were meant
to live.

It seems as if
all of our dreams
revolve around
MONEY.

I wish I no longer had any.

Fuck these dreams.

I wish I was lost
on a deserted island
talking to a narwhal
or just staring into space
for hours on end,
losing myself between the stars.

I wish,
I wish,
I wish
this world
didn't exist.

It one blink,
it was all gone.

Drop the bomb,
suck us into a black hole,
God,
for once in your almighty existence,
help us please.

Answer me!

Make it end. Make it end.

No comments:

Post a Comment