Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I'm Staying

Her neck grew out
longer than
her arms.

Her skin
began to burn
uncontrollably.

I was doing
everything
I could for her,
but nothing worked.

Everybody noticed her
diseased skin
and deformed
neck.

They asked me
why
I'm still
with her.

Leave her.

She's holding you back.

You can do
soooo
much better
than her.

She's changing you.

What's wrong with you?

Nothing.

I love her.

I love her skin.

I love all of her flaws.

They're all I see
and I don't mind.

She doesn't mind either.

We live without any worries,
why are you
so concerned about
us?

Are we somehow
making
your life
worse?

Do us a favor
and stay out
of our business.

We'll be just fine
without you.

Perhaps,
even better.

Is that
clear enough for you?

Good.

I have to go
and rub ointment
on her skin
and massage
her neck.

1 comment: