Monday, November 4, 2013

Just An Idea

She's the nicest
racist
I've ever met.

She once gave me
20 bucks,
with tears
in her eyes
just because
I was
working hard.

That same night,
she was talking to me about how
a black girl
got in front of her
and blocked her view
at a concert
20 years ago.

She's still
holding a grudge.

Still.

Seems
ridiculous
to me.

But,
there's no judgement
here.

She's taught me
invaluable lessons
like how to enjoy
where you're at
instead of
being miserable.

Now,
partly because of her,
I have fun
at work.

I never thought
I'd every say that
and I've got
the nicest racist
I've ever met
to thank for this.

Who knows
where
my next life lesson
might come from?

Maybe a blind albino
might
teach me how to
bird watch
and the miracle behind their
flight.

Maybe...

I just have to be
open
to it.

Maybe you should
too...

It beats keeping yourself
in a
self loathing
misery camp.

Just an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment